1. You're in charge of your own happiness. Let me repeat that again: you're in charge of your own happiness. Do not put your happiness in someone else, and do not feel the need to search for happiness out there when it's right here inside of you.
2. You will make friends and you will lose friends, and then there will be some friends that will latch onto you and wither your soul. Toxic relationships are bad, for you and for the ther person. Leave. Drop the friendship and go. Do not feel guilty that you cannot please them, do not feel like you are too weak to handle them, and please do not look and regret what you did - if anything, regret that you did not end things sooner.
3. Do not ever feel the need to tell someone things about yourself if you don't want to, even if they start to guilt you. Do not ever feel hurt knowing there are people out there that know your deepest secrets but are no longer in your life, simply be more cautious the next time.
4. Do not look back and say "I wish I had told you how I really felt". Do it. Tell everyone your true and unabashed feelings, tell them how much you appreciate their existence or even tell them how they've hurt you. Learn to communicate your feeling, even if they are not returned to you with the same force.
5. If you can see the type of person you want to be, do not delay in becoming that. If you want to be the girl that wears skirts even though you've worn pants your whole life or the girl that speaks up againts what is wrong even though your whole life you've been quite and let things pass by, do not be afraid to break out of the shell you have created for yourself.
6. Be optimistic. It might be hard when you're surrounded by pessimistic people all day and when life seems to be unraveling before your eyes, but have a little hope. ow that things do get better, know that you will be fine. Don't listen to that voice that makes you start to doubt yourself, you will make it to better days.
7. You're going o have some really high expectations in life, and people are going to constantly fall short of it and let you down. But just because someone isn't perfect in the wat you want them to be, doesn't mean they aren't great in their own manner.
8. There isn't a movie ending to real life events. Sometimes you won't get closure, sometimes things won't get resolved, and sometimes you won't get to control how things play out or even how you're left feeling in the end. But you've got to learn to just let things go and keep moving forward. You've got a whole new adventure waiting out there for you, and things are going to work out, one way or the other.